Widen the path, but narrow the lane.
When I discovered my metaphysical gift of clairvoyance in my mid-fifties, it was a spiritual defining
moment for me. I started doing metaphysical readings of clairvoyance and mediumship,
in order to help people on their path. It was and still is a moment that brought me closer to God as
much as any church service or mass, (I'm Catholic) ever did.
I've done over a thousand readings during that time and as I was approaching my seventies, there
was a desire within me to move on from these gifts to explore other gifts that I might have.
I began to notice that young people who would come to me for readings, had gifts that
I could only dream of.
Gifts of prophecy, psychic abilities, healing, empathic, etc. that just would blow me away.
I started to wonder aloud a few things.
"Why don't I have those gifts?"
"Are my gifts not good enough?"
"Am I not 'qualified' to have those gifts?"
Then I heard "Jerry, widen your path, but narrow your lane."
In other words, be aware of the beautiful gifts other people have, but be aware of your gifts
as well, including one that is coming that will require focus and commitment.
That gift was writing and Spirit knew it would take staying in my lane to accomplish that.
To date, I"ve written three books that have won a total of seven awards and my mediumship has slowed
to a crawl to accomodate space in my lane to write.
I can say for the first time in my life, I'm a writer.
Is it time to find your lane?

I love your writing.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much. That means so much to me.
Delete