Why do we need to feel validated in our lives?
So, why do we need validations?
We sometimes feel that we're on the right path in life, but we may not be sure, so we seek out people who think like us, look like us, vote like us, have the same interests as us, in order to belong.
Just look at the comments on social media regarding politics. Sometimes it's just too much as friends go against friends. It's US V THEM battle royal.
It seems we have to belong to something or someone in order to have our life validated. We need to find our tribe, I get it; I'm no different, but at what cost? Do we need to sacrifice our identity, our essence of who we are to fit in?
A couple of years ago, I felt like I didn't fit into life. Things were going well, but for some reason, felt out of place with life. With metaphysical circles, (I'm a clairvoyant) we use the term 'Spirit' to define a higher power.
When the subject of me not fitting in came up, Spirit said, "Instead of you fitting into life,have life fit into you." T
hat's all I needed to hear.

I like that Jerry!
ReplyDeleteThank you very much!
Delete