What if tomorrow never comes?

What if tomorrow never comes?  What do we do in the little time that is left for us?

Reach out to people to tell them we love them? 

Reach out to people that we have hurt and ask for forgiveness?

Reach out to people that have hurt us and grant them forgiveness?

If we believe in a higher power, ask for mercy? 

Many of you know my story of spending 238 days in the hospital of which 200 were in

ICU. In the beginning I was given a 15-20% chance of living. I was in a partial coma for the first forty-

five days and my heart had to be shocked mulitple times a day to get it back on track.

Trust me when I say there were many people in the hospital far worse off than me. I had to have a heart 

and kidney transplant and by the grace of God, here I am. I now try to take nothing for granted.

I laugh more than I use to, I'm more compassionate; more giving, more appreciative of trees, flowers, 

the sky, clouds (things I didn't see for eight months), and more blessed to have family and friends.

If there is someone that is reading this in which tomorrow may not come...know this... 

It's never to late to make someones tomorrow a good day by reaching out.

You will be blessed by doing so.










Comments

  1. When you put it like that, it hits home. This made me tear up. I thought, why don’t we live like that? We could create Heaven on earth. Thanks for sharing your perspective Jerry. It’s definitely food for thought. Now the hard part is acting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. McDaniel, it gives me great pleasure to know that you are recovering from such enormous surgical trauma.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment